Nasya is the Ayurvedic treatment of administration of herbal medicine through the nasal passage. It is said that the sinus cavity is the gateway to the mind and consciousness. Prana Nasya is a medicated oil that has been formulated to increase the Prana (lifeforce) in the body and the mind. This nasal oil is used to treat stress, tension and emotional imbalances while increasing the intellect, memory and concentration. Prana Nasya can be used in any disorder of the mind including anxiety, depression, anger, irritation, stress, tension, headaches, migraines, sleep issues, poor memory, poor concentration and mental exhaustion.
Health Benefits and Uses:
- Increases memory, intellect and concentration
- Promotes mental clarity, calmness and focus
- Opens the mind
- Balances the emotions
- Reduces anxiety, depression, anger and irritation
- Reduces tension and stress
- Beneficial in migraines and headaches (both chronic and acute)
- Increases mental energy
- Reduces tinnitus symptoms
- Alleviates dry sinuses and eyes
- Lubricates the nasal passage
- Beneficial in sleep disorders
- Reduces chronic nose bleeds (do not use during a flare-up)
- Promotes healthy Prana (lifeforce) in the body and the mind
- Reduces all doshic imbalance; Vata, Pitta and Kapha
- Used during an Ayurvedic cleanse to remove residual doshas
Nasya of any kind should be avoided during pregnancy and menstruation. Young children under 7 and elderly over 80 should avoid all nasya therapies. Nasya is not recommended on a full stomach, directly before exercise, during high fever, during a nose bleed, or at times of breathing difficulties such as asthma attacks.
Slightly warm the oil by placing the bottle in warm water for several minutes. Avoid using hot water as it can crack the glass bottle and overheat the oil.
Lie down and tilt the head back slightly. Apply 1-5 drops of the oil into each nostril. Take a large inhale through each nostril. Keep the head back for 2-3 minutes, letting the oil penetrate into the sinus cavity. Avoid going out into extreme cold weather for at least an hour after application.
Nasya should be administered in the morning on an empty stomach. Food and exercise should be avoided for 1-2 hours after applying the Nasya oil. If needed Prana Nasya can also be applied mid-day, at least 2 hours after lunch to boost energy and sharpen the mind.
Sesame Oil, Ashwagandha, Bala, Brahmi, Shankapushpi, Vacha, Sandalwood, Tulsi, Rose, Pippali, Shunti; contains the essential oils of Shunti, Rosemary, Tulsi and Lavender
***100% Organic Ingredients
- 2oz bottle: $15.00
- 4oz bottle: $27.00