A dosha is the Ayurvedic term for the 3 main energetic forces that govern our psychological and physiological actions and characteristics. These 3 doshas are known as Vata, Pitta and Kapha and are each derived from 2 of the 5 main elements Ether, Air, Fire, Water and Earth. Depending on the elements involved, the predominant qualities of the individual will reflect the qualities of those elements. For example, Vata being of Air and Space will show characteristics of dryness, spaciness, forgetfulness, and tendency toward excessive mobility in physical actions (i.e. fidgety, quick movements) and mental qualities (i.e. restless mind). Click here to read more information on “What is a Dosha”.
Click on each dosha to discover more information:
• Vata Dosha
• Pitta Dosha
• Kapha Dosha
This quiz is a good place to start to discover which dosha is most predominant in your constitution (Prakrtti). Please keep in mind that we all possess all 5 elements in our bodies and therefore possess all 3 doshas as well. If you have a tendency towards more than one of the answers in this quiz, please select the answer that pertains most strongly, most often and the most consistent throughout your entire life.
Tips on how to fill out the quiz:
- Remember, your constitution (Prakriti) is the same from birth until death; therefore try to answer thinking of how things have been throughout your ENTIRE life; if there is a lot of variance, think of how you were as a child
- If you have acquired a disorder or chronic imbalance in your lifetime, try to answer thinking before this occurrence
- Please avoid the “none of the above” answers as much as possible; filling this in too many times will likely misconstrue your results
- If you feel multiple answers resonate with you, use the answer that has been most relevant throughout most of your life (especially childhood)
- Be honest! We sometimes like to think of ourselves overly optimistically (or pessimistically); any bias can lead to misinterpretation… Just think, how would your best friend or sibling answer this question for you?
- It is possible and quite common to be predominant in more than one dosha
After you finish and submit the quiz, we will evaluate it and email you your individual results. All submissions will typically be answered within 2 business days or sooner! If for any reason you do not receive them in a timely manner, please contact us, as it may have been overlooked or lost in the shuffle.