“Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food!” In this easy-to-follow cookbook, you will find delicious recipes that are specific for healing doshic imbalance and common health conditions such as inflammation, digestive issues, emotional imbalances, and low energy.
This educational cookbook will share with you the basic principles of Ayurveda, essential concepts of an Ayurvedic diet, and numerous recipes that are specific for healing the body and mind. Each recipe is laid out clearly to show you its main health benefits and doshic effects. The instructions are concise and have been tested out thoroughly in order to set you up for success!
In this book, you will find some traditional Indian dishes such as the saag, chai, chapati, kitchari, and dal recipes, as well as some Western-inspired recipes such as stir-fries, kale chips, cookies, and smoothies. One common factor they share however, is that they are all healthy, healing, and made using whole food, Ayurveda-inspired ingredients. With these basic principles, you and your taste buds cannot go wrong!
This cookbook has a full range of recipes to help you welcome some Ayurvedic eating into your daily life – morning, noon, and night.
- 10 Drink, Tea, & Tonic Recipes
- 10 Smoothie Recipes
- 10 Side, Snack, & Dip Recipes
- 10 Breakfast Recipes
- 10 Lunch Recipes
- 10 Dinner Recipes
- 10 Dessert Recipes
- 10 Condiment, Sauce, & Spice Blend Recipes
Tips for Success
This book has been set up to be concise and easy-to-follow, however, here are some insider’s tips to encourage delicious results every time!
- Stock up your kitchen with the essential ingredients for your desired recipes; this will allow you much more ease and accessibility for making a wide variety of the recipes anytime.
- Read through the recipe first and plan it out! Some of the dinner and lunch recipes can be made quicker by prepping the later added ingredients (e.g. chopping vegetables) while you are waiting for the water to boil.
- Clean up as you go! This will save you much time and headache for when your food is ready.
- Cooking can be a finicky process. Everyone’s results may be a bit different depending on the freshness of your ingredients, the heat level of your stove top (your low setting may be hotter than mine or vice versa), type of stove top (gas vs electric), and even your elevation level (these recipes were all created at 1000 ft elevation). If you are having a weird outcome for any of these recipes, feel free to contact me anytime and we can trouble shoot together!