As we get deeper into the heat of summer, it is more vital than ever to stay cool, hydrated, and keep Pitta, the fire element in the body, at bay. This refreshingly hydrating juice recipe is packed with electrolytes and heat-reducing ingredients such as cooling cucumber and lime. This is a great drink to have at hand during the mid-summer days to replenish energy and hydration when the heat is at its worst. By taking including Pitta-reducing remedies throughout these hot months, we can avoid many Pitta disorders such as skin conditions, acne, rash, hyperacidity, gastritis, colitis, anger, and irritation, and keep our cool all season long.
- Juicer, any brand will do
- Cutting board
- Bowl to catch juice
- 3 cucumbers
- 5 apples, any variety
- 8 ounces of raw coconut water (I really enjoy the Harmless Harvest brand)
- 1/2 lime
- 5 to 10 sprigs of fresh garden mint
1. Wash the cucumbers, apples, and mint thoroughly. Cut them into small pieces to fit your juicer.
2. Put these ingredients though the juicer and collect the juice into a large bowl.
3. Strain the juice if desired, as frothy bits tend to collect in the finished product. This step is optional however.
4. Add the coconut water and squeeze in the fresh lime juice. Mix together and voila! Refreshingly hydrating, Pitta-soothing juice!
5. Enjoy with a friend or save the extra for up to 24 hours in a tightly sealed container.