If you are looking for a fun way to take your daily green powder, then here is a great recipe for you! This Super Green Smoothie is a simple way to sneak in your powdered greens, and a few other “superfoods” in one delicious recipe. Being high in vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants, while providing a wide variety of healing properties for the body and mind, this smoothie can easily become a daily staple for your spring and summer days.
I personally enjoy this smoothie as a pick-me-up snack around 10am or so, but it can be a great breakfast all in itself! With the vast variety of nutrients this smoothie provides, it is naturally Ojas promoting, energy boosting, and a great sweet treat to curve your sugar cravings in a healthier way. The avocado and coconut oil provide some much needed essential fats that will help you to digest the smoothie, absorb the nutrients, and reduce the dry quality of the green powder.
Svastha Super Greens Smoothie Recipe
- Doshic effect: Vata↓↑*,Pitta ↓, Kapha ↑
- Makes: 2 cups
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Gluten-free, Grain-free
- Vegan, Vegetarian
*If there is a strong Vata imbalance all raw foods should be avoided.
- High speed blender
- 12 ounces of water (replace with raw coconut water, YUM!)
- 1/2 medium ripe banana (this can be frozen in the summer)
- 1 ripe champaign mango, peeled and chopped (replace with any ripe, sweet mango)
- 2 tablespoons goji berries, soaked* in 1/2 cup of water (add soaking water to the smoothie too)
- 1/2 avocado
- Fresh ginger (1/2 inch cube)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao powder or cacao nibs (optional, omit for Vata)
- 1 teaspoon Svastha Super Greens or Super Greens ENERGY FUSION
*The goji berries should be soaked for a minimum of 30 minutes.
1. Place the water into the blender.
2. Add all of the remaining ingredients to the blender, including the water used to soak the goji berries.
3. Blend on high for 1 to 3 minutes or until the ingredients are completely creamy and smooth.
4. Enjoy this energizing smoothie for breakfast or as a mid-day snack.
Ayurvedic tip: Always remember that fruit is meant to be eaten on its own, and never should be mixed with other foods to ensure proper digestion. To avoid unwanted symptoms of indigestion and toxicity, this smoothie should be eaten as a separate meal, or at least 2 hours after any other food intake. Click here to read more about the improper food combinations.