If you are looking for a fun way to take your daily green powder, than here is a great recipe for you! This Super Green Smoothie is a simple way to sneak in your powdered greens, and a few other Ojas enhancing “superfoods” in one satiating recipe. Being high in vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants, while providing a wide variety of healing properties for the body and mind, this smoothie can easily become a daily staple for your Spring and Summer days.
I personally enjoy this smoothie as a pick-me-up snack around 10am or so, but it also can be a great breakfast all in itself! With all of the nutrients this smoothie provides, it is naturally Ojas promoting, energy boosting and a great sweet treat to curve your sugar cravings in a healthy way. The avocado and coconut oil provide some much needed essential fats that will help you to digest the smoothie, absorb the nutrients and reduce the dry quality of the green powder.
- Doshic effect: Vata ↓*,Pitta ↓, Kapha ↑
- Serving: 2
- Time: 10 minutes
- Vegan and Vegetarian
*If there is a strong Vata imbalance all raw foods should be avoided.
- High speed blender
- 12 ounces of water (replace with raw coconut water, YUM!)
- 1/2 medium ripe banana (this can be frozen in the summer)
- 1 ripe champaign mango, peeled and chopped (replace with any ripe mango)
- 2 Tbsp goji berries, soaked overnight in 1/2 cup of water (add soaking water to the smoothie too!)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 small chunck of fresh ginger (about 1/2″ cube)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp raw cacao powder or cacao nibs (optional, omit for Vata imbalance)
- 1 tsp Svastha Super Greens powder
- Place the water in the blender.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the blender, including the water used to soak the goji berries.
- Blend on high for 1-3 minutes or until the ingredients are completely blended and smooth to the desired consistency.
- Enjoy this energizing smoothie for breakfast or as a mid-day snack. Please remember however, that fruit is meant to be eaten on its own, and never should be mixed with other foods to ensure proper digestion. Click here to read more about Proper Food Combining.
Schedule a Professional Ayurvedic Consultation today!