In this latest article, I am excited to share one of my favorite home remedies for the skin. This face mask is made from Triphala Churna mixed in coconut oil; but don’t let the simplicity fool you. This mask is slightly exfoliating, mildly cleansing and powerfully radiating! The triphala contains high levels of antioxidants, giving you an anti-aging boost while simultaneously helping to clear the skin. The coconut oil is a nice compliment as the Triphala can be too drying on its own. Using these two ingredients combined, gives you a balanced facial treatment in a simple and quick home remedy.
Triphala Face Mask
- 1.5 Tbsp Triphala Churna
- 3 Tbsp Coconut oil
- Melt the coconut oil in a small pan.
- Add the triphala and stir into a soupy paste, making sure the herbs are mixed thoroughly into the oil.
- Place the mixture in a small airtight jar.
- Take a small amount of the paste and rub a thin layer onto clean facial skin. Make sure to take the time to really massage it onto the skin. This will increase circulation and maximize exfoliation.
- Keep the paste on for at least 15 minutes and then rinse off with warm water (do not use soap!).
- I often apply this treatment directly before my shower, as the hot steam will help to open the pores and increase the benefits.
- Do this procedure at least 3 days a week or as often as needed to rejuvenate dull, aging skin and clear up blemishes.
- This mixture can be kept in a dark, cool place at room temperature. For longer storage, it may be best to keep it in the refrigerator, although it will have to be “thawed” in order to apply.
- Powerful exfoliation
- Removes dead skin cells and opens pores
- Strong antioxidant and Vitamin C content
- Rejuvenates the skin on a cellular level
- Clears blemishes
***For best result, take a 1/2 tsp of Triphala Churna as an internal herbal remedy each night before bed, cleansing and rejuvenating the skin from the inside out!
Schedule a Professional Ayurvedic Consultation today!