Pitta dosha governs over our digestion, metabolism, body temperature, intellect, and liver functioning, making it essential to keep our Pitta healthy, strong, and in balance. This quick and easy tonic includes a handful of Pitta-soothing ingredients geared to flush out toxins, alkalize the body, reduce heat, alleviate inflammation, improve digestion, relieve hyperacidity, and beautify the complexion. It can be taken throughout the summer to keep the heat at bay, or anytime your Pitta is elevated and in need of some nourishment!
Since Pitta is intimately connect to the liver, blood, eyes, and skin, this drink can also be taken to strengthen, cleanse, and cool the liver and blood, support eye health, or heal skin disorders. With the addition of baking soda and lime, this tonic is extremely effective for reducing acidity in the body and is a great daily tonic for anyone experiencing chronic (on-going) hyperacidity, heartburn, or GIRD. Here are some common Pitta conditions this tonic will help alleviate:
Common Pitta Issues
- Acne, rash, psoriasis, and eczema
- Acid indigestion, hyperacidity, and heartburn
- Inflammatory GI issues such as colitis, gastritis, Crohn’s, and IBS
- Liver disorders
- Blood disorders
- Excessive perspiration
- Strong, flesh-like smelling perspiration
This Pitta-reducing tonic can be taken daily during times of imbalance, or to maintain a healthy system (especially for Pitta types). It should be taken first thing each morning on an empty stomach, and again between meals for more severe issues. Making this drink a part of your routine will increase energy, encourage hydration, boost digestion, and bring you a general sense of wellness.
PITTA-REDUCING TONIC RECIPE
- 12 ounces water
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder*
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom powder*
- Juice of a 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon aloe juice (organic, preservative-free; I love this brand!*)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1. Heat 12 ounces of water to just below a boil.
2. Add in turmeric, cardamom, fresh lime juice, aloe juice, and maple syrup.
3. Stir well until the ingredients have been thoroughly blended.
4. Pour the drink into a mug and then mix in the baking soda directly before drinking. This will create a lovely effervescent touch and provide a cleansing, alkalizing effect.
5. Enjoy this tonic first thing each morning on an empty stomach to increase energy, promote hydration, reduce heat, alkalize the body, stimulate and flush the liver, promote morning elimination, and detoxify the system.
*By ordering directly through these links, you are helping to support Svastha Ayurveda – Thank you!!