What do you get when you combine three of my favorite foods together? This amazingly delicious (and healthy) avocado pudding recipe. This energizing treat is filled with healthy oils, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and electrolytes and is perfect for a guilt-free snack or dessert… And believe me it will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth!
The main ingredient is avocado which provides us with the essential vitamins K, C, B, and E along with a good amount of folate and potassium. The coconut water is well known for its replenishing electrolyte properties. Finally you have my favorite addiction, cacao, which is a powerhouse of antioxidants, flavonoids, and minerals. With these three superfoods together, you get an incredibly energizing, mind-boosting, Ojas-enhancing power-snack.
Oh My! Avocado, Coconut, and Cacao Pudding Recipe
- Doshic effect: Vata ↓↑,Pitta ↓, Kapha ↑
- Gluten-Free, Grain-Free
- Vegan, Vegetarian
- Serves: 2
- Time: 7 to 10 minutes
- Hand blender (best option, but can be replaced with a regular blender or food processor)
- Container with cover for refrigerating
- 2 medium, ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder (reduce to 2 teaspoons for Vata)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (increase to 2 teaspoons for Vata)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup raw coconut water
- Shredded coconut, for garnish
1. Scoop the meat out of the avocados. Place them in a bowl if you are using a hand blender. If you are using a regular blender, you can add them directly into the blender canister.
2. Add in the raw cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla, and 1/2 cup of the coconut water.
3. Blend on medium to high speed until the mixture is smooth and there are no chunks. Make sure the cacao is evenly mixed. If the pudding seems too thick, add in an additional 1/4 cup of the coconut water and blend again.
4. Place the pudding in a covered bowl and store it in the refrigerator. Let this mixture chill for at least an hour (optional but recommended) before serving.
5. Serve into individual bowls and sprinkle each one with shredded coconut.
6. Indulge and energize. Enjoy this treat as a decadent snack or healthy dessert.
7. This is a delicate dessert and will only last 1 to 2 days in the refrigerator.
Ayurvedic tip: Although cacao possess a wide range of health benefits, it does contain caffeine and therefore can provoke Vata and stimulate the nervous system. If you are experiencing Vata issues such as insomnia, anxiety, restlessness, or nervousness, it is recommended to omit the cacao in this recipe until balance has been established. To make up for the lack of chocolate, increase the vanilla to 2 teaspoons.