Ojas is the subtle essence of the seven vital tissues of the body. It is said to correlate with one’s immunity, energy and vitality. When an individual has strong, healthy ojas in their system, they are able to fight against aging, decay and disease. They have sustainable energy, strong immunity, a healthy glow and a robust libido. If you find yourself lacking in any of these categories, you may have depleted or imbalanced ojas in your system.
This delicious, almond based drink is one way to increase healthy ojas in the body, restoring one’s energy and vigor. It is great to drink first thing in the morning for breakfast to enhance stamina and vitality for the day ahead. This drink is perfect in the rejuvenating phase after a cleanse, but can be taken 2-3 times a week otherwise.
- High speed blender
- 10 raw almonds
- 2 cups pure water
- 2-3 dates (please remove pits)
- 1 Tbsp. organic rose petals (dried or fresh)
- 1 tsp Rasayana Ghrita or Organic Ghee
- Pinch of saffron
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/8 tsp of dry ginger
- 1 Tbsp. honey
**add a tsp of cacao power or nibs for an extra boost in the mornings!
- Soak almonds in 1 cup of water overnight
- Soak dates in 1 cup of water either overnight or for several hours
- In the morning, drain off the almond water and rub the skins off the almonds
- In a blender, add the dates AND their soaking water with the drained and peeled almonds.
- Add rose petals, ghee, honey, saffron, cardamom and dry ginger.
- Blend until smooth.
- Drink 2-3 times a week as part of a rejuvenation therapy.
Although this drink is highly recommended for certain people, it can also be highly contraindicated for others. If you have a high level of toxins (ama) and/or Kapha in the body, this drink is not for you. Some clear indications of this are a coated tongue, poor circulation, dull mind, dull appetite and a persistent feeling of heaviness.
Schedule a Professional Ayurvedic Consultation today!